Hiking can be tough work on your feet.
Not only will they be sore after all that climbing, but they can be injured quite easily.
This can be painful and may even prevent you from going hiking again for a while.
Thankfully, the solution to this issue comes in the form of hiking insoles.
These insoles are designed to be comfortable for your feet and to prevent feet-based injuries.
To aid you, we have listed some of the best hiking insoles on the market.
Best Insoles For Hiking
EASYFEET Arch Support Insoles
First on our guide is the EASYFEET insole.
They have multiple features that will help you when hiking, such as shock absorption and friction reduction.
They can also be used to help treat medical issues, such as back pain.
- High arch support – these insoles are made with anti-pronation technology, giving the arches of your feet plenty of support.
- Shock absorption – with high-quality shock absorption, these EASYFEET insoles. As a result, it will be able to absorb the impact of your climbing.
- Extra-hard TPU – if you are looking for strength, these insoles will be for you. They are constructed from extra-hard TPU, a durable material. Despite this, they are also comfortable thanks to a foam layer made of PU.
- Support over 220 pounds – these insoles are unisex, meaning they are made for both men and women. They can also be used by those who weigh over 220 pounds.
- Arch support may not be suitable for all customers – it can take some time to adjust to this high arch support. If you do not like high arches, these insoles may not be the optimal choice for you.
- PLEASE CAREFULLY CHECK THE SIZE DETAILS BEFORE YOU PROCEED TO PAYMENT. The first true powerful shoe insoles for men and women who weigh over 200 pounds. Anti-Pronation Technology enables extra arch support, distributes weight, and reduces impact. Premium podiatrist-recommended inserts help to stabilize blood pressure caused by obesity
- HEAVY DUTY INSOLES WITHSTAND 220 LBS+: this model helps realign your whole body and reduce foot pressure, providing equal load distribution for the spine and joints. Our extra strong arch support is specially designed to ensure that the insole retains its shape and performs its functions effectively, taking into account the needs of people with a weight of 220 lb+. If your weight is under 220 lb+, please check our catalog to find the best insole model for your needs
- REAL PAIN RELIEF & BETTER ALIGNMENT: Plantar Fasciitis Insoles for men and women provide superior shock absorption with the gel forefoot and heel pads enhanced-cushioning. Deep foot cradles with built-in heel support keep feet properly positioned to provide stability, heel and joint protection, and complete back pain relief. EASYFEET reliably treats conditions such as plantar fasciitis, flat feet, pronation, metatarsalgia, shin splints, bunions, and Morton's neuroma
- PREMIUM QUALITY FOR MOST FOOTWEAR TYPES: long-lasting durability and support. Our hard plastic orthotic inserts are made from extra-hard TPU with a cushioning PU foam layer and high-grade dampening gel pads. Heat and friction are reduced by the soft velvety breathable cover
- 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE: we guarantee customer satisfaction by ensuring the high-quality of our products, 1-year warranty and 90-day full refund (or replacement). We will take the insoles back even if they have already been trimmed! If you received a damaged item, please don't file a complaint, message us and we'll solve the problem! Click ‘Add to Cart’ for the best foot care now!
Envelop Massaging Gel Insoles
Secondly, these gel insoles from Envelop are another great selection.
They make use of a unique honeycomb design that allows them to be more effective as insoles.
If you are looking for insoles that comfort your feet, be sure to check out these Envelop insoles.
- Honeycomb design – one of the distinctive features of these insoles is their honeycomb design. This design will successfully absorb your steps. This will make your walking experience much less painful. Also, this honeycomb design will cause the insoles to contour to your feet.
- Versatile and customizable – these insoles can be cut to fit your feet. In addition, they go with most types of shoes, meaning they are very versatile.
- Retains shape – these long-lasting insoles can keep their shape. As a result, they are long-lasting and can be worn again and again.
- A layer of firm silicone gel – because of this gel, these insoles gently protect your feet.
- Not very thick – some customers may be put off by how slim these insoles are. Due to this, they will not suit every foot type.
- GEL INSOLES FOR ALL-DAY COMFORT: Providing cushioned support for the heel and forefoot, the unique honeycomb design that reduces painful pressure points by absorbing the impact of each step. A contoured layer of firmer gel cradles the heel and gently supports the arch to provide additional stability. The full-length insoles relieve heel pain, arch pain, plantar fasciitis pain and reduces foot fatigue.
- HONEYCOMB DESIGN FOR SHOCK ABSORPTION: Unique honeycomb inserts in the heel and forefoot effectively absorb the impact of each step to reduce stress and fatigue. Ergonomically designed to contour to the foot with a neutral arch to provide support for any type of foot arch.
- VERSATILE FIT FULL-LENGTH INSOLE: Easily worn with most shoe styles, the versatile gel inserts can be trimmed for a customized fit. The full-length insoles have a textured base to grip the inside of your shoe, eliminating slipping for greater stability and comfort. Also relieving pain and pressure caused by spurs, corns, and neuroma, the massaging gel insoles are perfect for individuals who are on their feet all day.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CONSTRUCTION: Constructed with a lightweight silicone gel, the durable insoles are resilient, retaining their shape without flattening for extensive wearability.
- VIVE GUARANTEE: 60 day unconditional guarantee. Size: Large (Men's 8 - 13) (Women's 10.5 and Under)
Currex HikePro Insoles
These insoles are specifically designed for hiking, though they can also be used in other situations.
Their Dynamic Arch Technology makes them ideal for exercise. Additionally, Currex offers three varieties of insoles.
- High, medium, or low – these insoles come in three different varieties, namely low, medium, and high. They are made for different types of arches, giving the customer options to choose from.
- Dynamic Arch Technology (DAT) – constructed from nylon, this technology has been included to store energy and to support your feet when you do loads of movement.
- Breathable – made to be breathable, these insoles will comfort your feet.
- Price – these insoles are at the top end of the price range for insoles. As a result, they may not be suitable for those who are shopping with a more limited budget.
- DYNAMIC INSOLE SHOE INSERTS: No hiking shoe or boot is complete without these HikePRO Insoles. These shoe insoles provide unbeaten comfort, airflow, and dynamic support at its core for incredible relief and less fatigue.
- BETTER PERFORMANCE & STABILITY: These orthotic insoles provide a perfect fit for stability and guidance for better hiking. Designed with a NEO Touch Grip and deep heel cup, your heel will be fixed for sure-footedness on uneven terrain.
- ADDITIONAL CUSHIONING FOR RELIEF: These hiking insoles have superior cushioning with shock absorption to provide more comfort in your shoes for endless adventures.
- DESIGNED TO REDUCE INJURIES & PAIN: These support insoles are designed to reduce foot pressure and fatigue, improve performance, and prevent injuries by reducing stress on joints, ligaments and tendons, the cause of injuries in the foot, knee, and hips.
- GREAT FOR THE OUTDOORS: Wear these arch support insoles during long hiking, everyday walks, or weight training. Replace after 600 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first.
Dr. Scholl’s Sport Insoles
Dr. Scholl’s insoles are aimed at athletes, making them useful products for hikers.
The features of these insoles include the ripple wave and their massaging gel.
Because of these factors, you will no longer have to worry about your feet feeling pain during exercise.
- Ripple wave – the heel of these insoles has a ripple wave, making them more bouncy. This will certainly help to give your feet more energy!
- Massaging gel – when it comes to insoles, it is crucial to find ones that are soft on your feet. These insoles have this quality thanks to their massaging gel.
- 10% more movement – in a study, people moved 10% more when wearing these wonderful insoles. This statistic means you will be able to push yourself further and do more hiking.
- Rugged – these insoles have been formed to be able to withstand hard surfaces. Consequently, they will be well suited to athletes, specifically hikers. This durability also means that they will not have to be replaced regularly, unlike other insoles.
- Not made for small feet – though the sizes of these insoles can be altered, they are not particularly effective for those with smaller feet.
- Dr. Scholl's Athletic Series Sport insoles men
- Shoe insoles
- Men's Insole
- If needed, trim along the outline (on bottom of the insole near the toes) that matches your shoe size
Superfeet Trailblazer Comfort Orthotic Inserts
Penultimately, the Superfeet insoles have been made with the hiker in mind.
Thanks to these insoles, the impact of hiking will be less strenuous on your feet.
Not only this, but they also have an odor control that should make your sweat less potent.
- Heel impact technology (HIT) – when you are having a tough climb, the heel of these shoes will disperse the impact thanks to their high-impact technology.
- Aerospring Ascent Comfort Foam – to prevent tiredness, Superfeet has included an aerospring ascent comfort foam. This foam will not only make your insoles comfortable, but it will give you increased stability.
- Durable – thanks to their manufacturing process, these Superfeet insoles should last for either 12 months or 500 miles. Consequently, you will not have to waste time and money on constantly purchasing new insoles.
- Odor control – to stop your perspiration from becoming too much of an issue, these insoles have odor control.
- Minimal arch support – some customers have complained of limited arch support in these insoles. If this is a quality that you want to be present in your insoles, this might not be the best model for you.
- EVOLyte Carbon Fiber Stabilizer Cap: EVOLyte carbon fiber stabilizer cap and shape of these hiking, outdoor and athletic shoe inserts provide weight-defying support for the trail
- Aerospring Ascent Dual Comfort Foam: Superfeet hiking insoles reduce fatigue and provide reliable stability for the rigors of a good hike
- Deep, Slim Heel Cup: Insole shape keeps the foot in place, minimizing shifting, hotspots, and sore toes on uneven ground
- H.I.T. (Heel Impact Technology) Pod: Impact pad of these comfortable insoles disperse impact on ascent and descent
- Durable Construction: Superfeet carbon fiber inserts keep their shape, delivering reliable support and comfort for up to 12 months or 500 miles, whichever comes first
Powerstep Journey Hiker Insoles
The Powerstep insole finishes off our list.
Made entirely from polyester, these insoles have been made to react to harsh terrains.
Because of this, they are more than suitable to be used when hiking.
- Built-in heel – this will make you more stable. This is an extremely advantageous feature for hikers.
- Dual-layer cushioning – increasing comfort, these layers will ease the pressure on your feet.
- Anti-microbial fabric – let’s face it, you can work up quite the sweat when you are hiking. Thankfully, this fabric is made to deal with heat and perspiration. This will keep your feet cool, preventing you from overheating.
- It may take some time to become comfortable – for people who are not used to wearing insoles, you may need some time to readjust to these insoles. This may be a disadvantage for those who do not have the time to spend getting accustomed to these insoles.
- [POWERSTEP PINNACLE HIKER]: Full length insoles, neutral arch support, maximum cushioning, high activity for maximum support.
- [FOOT PAIN PREVENTION AND RELIEF]: PowerStep Pinnacle Hiker insoles are ideal for pain associated with Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, shin splints and other foot, ankle, knee, hip & back pain. As the #1 Podiatrist recommended brand, our mission and purpose at PowerStep is to create a more comfortable and happier life for our customers. ~ The PowerStep Pain Free Life
- [NEUTRAL ARCH SUPPORT | MAXIMUM CUSHIONING | MAXIMUM SUPPORT]: Designed specifically for higher activity wear, Hiker insoles feature the proven PowerStep arch shape, but with a firmer arch supporting shell to resist "bottoming out" underweight. Dual-layer cushioning and built-in heel and arch cradle improve stability and motion control on uneven or rough terrain, limiting excess stress on feet, ankles, joints, and tendons, while top fabric controls heat, friction, and perspiration.
- [DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE]: First time PowerStep or orthotic insole users may need a transition period of wearing insoles only a few hours a day until feet are accustomed to all day support and stability. PowerStep Pinnacle Hiker insoles can be worn in a variety of shoe types such as; athletic, walking/running, work and some casual and dress shoes. Inserts are ordered by shoe size, no trimming required.
- [PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA]: Your 100% satisfaction is our #1 concern, and all our products are backed by our 30-day money back guarantee.
After reading through our recommended products, you might think that you can begin your shopping process.
Thanks to our guide, you will know some of the pros and cons to be aware of when looking for the right insoles.
On the other hand, shopping is more complex than it may originally seem.
This is because there are many important factors that impact the quality of your product and whether they are right for your needs.
As a result, we urge you to read through these factors and consider them during your shopping.
Insoles are not particularly expensive products. It is, however, worth bearing in mind that different insoles will be sold at different prices.
Therefore, you should think about the amount of money you are willing to spend on your hiking insoles before you start buying.
This will be particularly true for those who are frugal and do not want to spend a lot of money since there will be fewer options available.
When you are hiking up a strenuous mountain, the last thing you should be concerned about is the comfort of your insoles.
After all, insoles are designed to relieve your feet, not make them comfortable. To test if a product is comfortable, the ideal thing to do would be to try them on.
This, however, is often not possible. As a result, when you are searching for an insole, check whether it has any features that have been implemented to make them comfortable. If so, they may be the right insoles for you.
It is crucial to find insoles that fit your boots or shoes.
Therefore, you will want insoles that can be altered, specifically in terms of size.
Most insoles come with some form of customization feature, such as initially coming in a large size that can be cut down to suit the size and shape of your feet.
If a unit does not have this ability, you should maybe consider looking elsewhere.
Hiking insoles should be strong.
This is because they will have to withstand harsh conditions and environments. Not only this, but it is unlikely that you will be willing to replace insoles every couple of months.
As a consequence, you should aim to buy insoles that are durable and long-lasting.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Benefits Of Gel Insoles?
Gel insoles contain a layer of liquid gel that is designed to provide comfort to your feet.
Because of this, they are good for people who are looking for soft support.
If you are looking for stronger arch support, gel insoles may not be the best for you.