Carrying all your supplies AND feeling comfortable on a hike seems like an impossible task, right?
It’s usually one or the other, and more often than not comfort is not the priority.
Well, what if I told you that you could have both?
It’s hard to find a backpack that is both affordable and suits your every need.
Especially when it comes to longer hiking trips, or finding a pack that is going to fit all of your belongings and equipment gear, plus providing protection against the weather.
If you’re looking for the perfect backpack for all your hiking needs, then look no further. Here are the top three backpacks we’ve found for you, and the best part – they’re all less than $100.
If you’re tired of heavy backpacks weighing you down during a hike, then what you need is something lightweight and breathable. Luckily for you, this bag is exactly that.
This backpack has a Ventilated AirSpeed Mesh back panel which helps to keep your back cool throughout your hike, as well as keeping you more comfortable.
And as you know, comfort is key when it comes to a long day of trekking.
Have you ever been halfway through your trip and it starts pouring with rain, leaving you with a soggy packed lunch? With this backpack, your equipment and gear are safe from wet weather due to the rain cover that’s integrated into the lightweight fabric of the bag.
As well as this, the backpack features an internal hydration sleeve that holds up to a 3L reservoir, making it easy for you to access water at any point and keep you hydrated!
You can store any of the smaller items you may need in the mesh side pockets, which stretch to create more space for your things.
There’s even an organization pocket for items such as your sunglasses or electronics that are made from a scratch-resistant material, keeping them very safe.
In total the bag weighs just under 1 and a half pounds making it the perfect lightweight option with optimal storage space – because who wants to be lugging around all that extra weight when you don’t need to?
Additionally, there are two lower loops attached which are perfect for a pair of trekking poles.
The straps are adjustable meaning the backpack can fit anyone and also helps to remove the weight from your lower back and provide you with better support.
The adjustable waist strap is removable if that is something that’s preferred.
- Trekking pole attachment with upper compression strap capture
- Scratch resistant organization pocket for sunglasses and electronics
- Upper side compression straps
With this backpack, you’ll be carrying gear comfortably wherever you go – featuring padded shoulder straps that contour to your body as well as a padded quick-grab top handle.
The extra support helps to alleviate any aching and helps to provide you with as much comfort as possible.
In the current day and age, a backpack needs to fit all your electronics and more importantly – comfortably. This bag features a built-in laptop sleeve which is made for laptops that are up to 15 inches.
The fully padded sleeve is also fleece-lined, protecting your laptop from any unwanted scratches or damage. There’s even a smaller sleeve made for tablets or other small electronic devices and accessories.
If you’re looking for something to help organize, this backpack is perfect for you as it has two main compartments, as well as a smaller front pocket.
This makes it easier for you to organize all the bits and pieces that you may need. Alongside this, the bag has a flat padded bottom panel that enables the bag to stand upright.
This backpack also has a range of other handy features. This includes reflective zipper pulls, a key clip, and external bungee storage for any dirty or wet gear.
There are two pockets that can hold water bottles and the straps and handle are padded to keep you comfortable.
These backpacks are built to last, constructed from the highest quality materials and durable stitching. Any hike would be made easier with one of these backpacks.
The bag weighs just 1.3lbs and has a streamlined design for optimum comfort. It is also available in a range of colors including black, blue, orange, and green.
- STREAMLINED 26L BACKPACK: Carry gear comfortably in the city or forest with this sleek 26-liter backpack. It features contoured padded shoulder straps plus a padded quick-grab top haul handle
- BUILT-IN LAPTOP SLEEVE: Designed for today’s always connected individual, this pack comes with a fully padded, fleece lined, internal sleeve for laptops up to 15”
- ORGANIZED STORAGE: With a flat padded bottom panel to keep your gear upright, it has two main compartments plus a smaller front pocket to organize all your gear — perfect for keeping essential cables, a tablet, and more
- HANDY FEATURES: Versatile and customizable with contoured padded shoulder straps, twin slot webbing, two water bottle pockets, reflective zipper pulls, a handy key clip, padded top haul handle, and external bungee storage for wet/dirty gear
- BUILT TO LAST: Columbia’s attention to detail is what sets our gear apart from others. We use only the highest quality materials, expert craftsmanship, and durable stitching. This is a highly functional backpack that you will enjoy for seasons to come
This top-selling 65L backpack weighs 5lbs and is perfect for longer journeys over a few days due to the volume of equipment it can hold.
With a huge range of compartments and pockets, it will keep you and your belongings organized throughout your hike.
This backpack will fit a wide range of body sizes due to the multi-position torso adjustment that allows the bag to adjust to any preferred size. The shoulder straps are also adjustable so that the backpack can fit perfectly to your body, offering maximum comfort.
Made with durable open-cell foam lumbar pad and models channels which provide the user with maximum balance and airflow.
With an inbuilt internal frame, the backpack has several features you’d find on most higher costing packs – except you’re getting it for less than $100.
Aside from the main compartments, there are also side pockets that can be used to store tent poles as well as a pocket to hold your water reservoir up to 3L.
There is a compartment specifically designed to hold your sleeping bag with multiple multi-directional compression straps.
This bag will keep all of your belongings and gear organized and compartmentalized making it easier for you to find and store everything that you’re going to need during your trek.
The material of the backpack is waterproof and will protect your gear from rain, wind whatever the weather may throw at you.
It’s hard to find a backpack that can store enough equipment for a trip longer than a day or two, that is also comfortable to wear; however, this backpack can offer you exactly that.
- AWARD WINNING BACKPACK: Continues to be a best-selling internal frame backpack on Amazon at a great price for such a feature rich backpack; Perfect for hiking, backpacking and camping
- TETON TOUGH: Lasting memories are made with durable gear; Perfect for every Adventure; comes in 65L, 75L or 85L sizes to fit the biggest excursions; Room for Hydration
- CUSTOM COMFORT: Multi-position torso adjustment fits medium and tall adventurers; Durable open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels provide maximum comfort and airflow; Backpack for men and women
- WHAT CUSTOMERS TELL US: Thousands of 5-star reviews testifying to the great quality and design; large sleeping bag compartment, multi-directional compression straps, and multiple compartments and pockets, a place for everything
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if you have any questions or concerns; YOU CAN COUNT ON US to get you taken care of and back OUTDOORS